The Rheinisches Museum für Philologie, Geschichte und griechische Philosophie was founded by Barthold Georg Niebuhr, August Böckh and Christian August Brandis in 1827; volumes appeared until 1829/32. From 1832/33 until 1839 the journal was continued by Friedrich Gottlieb Welcker und August Ferdinand Naeke as Rheinisches Museum für Philologie. In 1842 the New Series was started by Friedrich Ritschl and Welcker, and it has continued until today. Hence the Rheinisches Museum für Philologie is the oldest journal devoted to Classics that is still in existence. Since the beginning it has published scholarly articles (in German, English, French, Italian and Latin) on the languages, literature and history of the Greek and Roman world and its reception. Today the journal has an international scope with contributors and subscribers all over the world. To maintain the journal’s traditional high academic standards all submissions are reviewed prior to publication by at least two scholars who are experts in the respective fields.
The J. D. Sauerländers Verlag has been founded as publishing house in 1816. Our journals are concerning the subjects Classic Philology (Rheinisches Museum Für Pholologie, founded in 1827), Forest Genetics (Silvae Genetica founded in 1961) and Forestry (Allgemeine Forst- und Jagdzeitung, founded in 1829).
This item is part of a JSTOR Collection.
For terms and use, please refer to our
Rheinisches Museum für Philologie
© 2006 J.D. Sauerländers Verlag

