Interesting that they noted the deal he made with Bane. I can imagine the God of Tyranny's follower's aiding the PC's at their god's command because He knows Tam will certainly default on the debt if he becomes a god. After his part in BG3, Bane being an ally would be an interesting twist.
- Lord_Edgyname_
- Registered Users
-
Member for 4 years, 4 months, and 11 days
Last active Wed, Sep, 30 2026 22:20:46
- 0 Followers
- 55 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
-
Aug 12, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Who is Szass Tam, and Why Must He Be Stopped?Posted in: Posts
-
Jul 31, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on D&D Vision Keynote Recap: World of Warcaft®, Dark Sun, Star Wars™, Icons, and MorePosted in: Posts
Well I'll be dammed. They really are bringing Dark Sun Back, and it looks like they're serious about it, too.
-
Jul 29, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Master the Weave: 12 New High-Level Spells from Arcana UnleashedPosted in: Posts
You can copy images on a comment?
-
Jul 15, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Get Weird with Your Next Character in Valda’s Spire of SecretsPosted in: Posts
Finally, they added Fist to the spell lists.
-
May 22, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on How to Build Your Own Domain of DreadPosted in: Posts
Borca has 2, I believe.
-
May 20, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Rulers of the Dark: Preview 5 Darklords from Ravenloft: The Horrors WithinPosted in: Posts
Oh, I can definitely agree with that. It would be like making the Amber Sarcophagi the Darklords of Barovia, or the Gnawing Plague the Darklord of Richemulot.
-
May 19, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Rulers of the Dark: Preview 5 Darklords from Ravenloft: The Horrors WithinPosted in: Posts
A quick thing I'd like to point out is that Ravenloft (and Lamordia specifically), would pair really well with that 3rd party Monsters of Drakkenheim book. It's got a whole chapter about different patchwork horrors of flesh and steel shocked to life on the slab of a heartless doctor.
-
May 8, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Introducing D&D Beyond Drops: A Growing Content Library to Expand Your GamePosted in: Posts
Ehhhh... I dunno about putting actual player content behind subscriptions. VTT maps for the DM, I can understand, but content for players to use is another matter entirely. Will there be another way to get this content?
-
Mar 5, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on D&D 2026 Calendar ReleasePosted in: Posts
I dunno, Dark Sun has more then just uncomfortable themes going against it. It's gameplay is all about scarcity and survival in a brutal wasteland, which I don't think 5e is really equipped to handle. A lot of other tables already only pay lip service to spell components and rations on the road. I just don't think a whole bunch of people are up for dealing with water, weapons that break every few hits, constant streams of monsters that stretch those weapons well past the limit, and magic that salts the earth and gets the caster lynched in public. They would have to build a whole framework for a "hardcore mode" to 5e that works well before even trying to tackle Dark Sun, and If you think that's secondary to getting the setting published, then look back at Spelljammer.
-
Mar 3, 2026Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on D&D 2026 Calendar ReleasePosted in: Posts
So I took a look at a promotional image from ENworld, and they're
making Cthulhu a Darklord, with a statblock and everything. The opening paragraph is explicitly clear that the Dark Powers are just keeping him sealed away and not trying to torment the Great Old One, but it's still an odd direction to make such a powerful (and public domain) character a mere Darklord with tangible statistics.
-
Dec 3, 2025Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Murder! Mind Games! Mayhem! An Exposé on Sharn's Criminal SyndicatesPosted in: Posts
I'd say its an Eberron thing. The monster races not being uniformly evil was one of the basic details about the setting's worldbuilding when it first came out, iirc. They're still fiends normally, but Eberron (literally) being in it's own bubble means it gets to ignore the baseline lore whenever it feels like it.
-
Nov 23, 2025Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Art of the Forgotten Realms: The Horrid Zlan and Regal Spirit DragonsPosted in: Posts
If you go to Monsters on this site and look him up, then you don't need the book to see that he's CR 19. You can also see artwork of monsters without owning the material doing that.
EDIT: 18, actually. That's surprisingly low for something that's supposed to be seven liches tossed in a blender.
-
Nov 20, 2025Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Art of the Forgotten Realms: The Horrid Zlan and Regal Spirit DragonsPosted in: PostsQuote from carnelianhearts >>Quote from Lord_Edgyname_ >>
Zlan looks like he'd fit right in with the 3rd party Drakkenheim setting. His connection to chardalyn can even be reflavored as the Delerium crystals that are central to that setting.
I was thinking the same thing! I'm absolutely using this thing in the city, maybe even in Castle Drakken itself.
Personally, I'd use this thing to represent...
...Oscar Yoren. I could easily picture him going overboard with contaminated spells in a last stand against the party and accidentally fusing with his undead minions. Killing him and bypassing his ability to regenerate from a sufficiently large delirium geode would be a quest in of itself.
-
Nov 19, 2025Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Art of the Forgotten Realms: The Horrid Zlan and Regal Spirit DragonsPosted in: Posts
Zlan looks like he'd fit right in with the 3rd party Drakkenheim setting. His connection to chardalyn can even be reflavored as the Delerium crystals that are central to that setting.
-
Oct 28, 2025Lord_Edgyname_ posted a message on Claim Your Copy of The Tenebrous Stone Adventure and Thwart Evil Cultists!Posted in: PostsQuote from Lord_Edgyname_ >>
This is completely unrelated to this article, but I think it would be really cool if a lore article about the 3 different liches in the upcoming setting book is posted. They (especially the guy who can turn into a dracolich) sound very interesting.
https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/2090-how-to-make-sammaster-the-big-bad-of-your-d-d
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
1
For some reason, the Ebooks on the mobile app seems to be permanently stuck on a "no formatting" layout. The pictures aren't properly sized to fit with the text margins, the text's color wont change with dark mode, and nothing I do seems to fix it. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?